Right now, especially in the Upstate, prevention is our biggest ally! Here are a few ways you can avoid getting sick-
Wash your hands.
Using warm water and soap, scrub under your nails, between fingers and on the back of your hands for at least 20 seconds. Dry hands with a paper towel and throw away, turning faucet off with another dry paper towel. Thorough hand washing helps prevent the spread of infectious diseases, including COVID-19. It is acceptable to use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol. Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects
Cover your mouth.
When coughing or sneezing, cover with tissue and discard tissue immediately. COVID-19 and many other infectious diseases are spread through by contact with respiratory particles.
Stay home if you feel sick.
Stay home if you feel sick. If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, especially fever, cough and shortness of breath, isolate yourself for the protection of your family, friends and coworkers.
Prisma Health has provided many resources if you think you may have the coronavirus. Try taking these steps-
• Start with their symptom checker to help you determine your risk level and identify next steps.
• Use a free Prisma Health Virtual Visit, call your primary care provider, or call their community outreach hotline at 1-833-2PRISMA.
• Call ahead before visiting any Prisma Health location.
• Do not go to the Emergency Department for COVID-19 testing.
• If you have a medical emergency, call 911. Prisma Health is offering community screening for COVID-19 at locations across South Carolina. Please check this page regularly for updated locations and any weather-related changes. Get a COVID-19 screening at a location near you
The community testing, done in partnership with the S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC), reaches people who may not otherwise have access to traditional testing or online virtual visits.
At the testing sites:
• People will be tested for active COVID-19 infections.
• No one needs a doctor’s order.
• Testing will be given regardless of ability to pay.
• No appointment is needed.
• Spanish-speaking Prisma Health team members will be available at every site.
• All those taking part will be given masks when they arrive. They will also be asked to maintain social distancing.
• Test results should come back within four days.
• Everyone tested will receive follow-up information about test results – whether positive or negative – from providers at Prisma Health.
• Everyone will get tips on isolating at home if sick, caring for themselves and seeking more help if symptoms worsen.
If you are interested in gaining more knowledge concerning the Greater Greenville SC area market, we are only a call away. Whether you are a home buyer, investor, or are interested in placing your current property on the market, our team can not only inform you, but also make your transaction a profitable one. Feel free to contact our team at 864-438-5050 or visit us at www.GreenvilleRealEstateHub.com
Want to find out how much your home is worth? Click to use our ground breaking property evaluation tool and get your home value in less than a minute.